A CMS “is software that stores your website content, enables easy editing for novice web administrators, and allows multiple web administrators to log in to a single system and collaborate on updating your website.” ( content-management-software.net/definition ) A CMS can be used for blog content, video content, images, documents and more.
There are many benefits to using a CMS which makes it so popular with both beginners and advanced web administrators alike. Some of these benefits include:
· Simplifying content management
· Managing content across multiple websites
· Being a scalable content solution
· Replacing existing content management solutions
· Having a rich set of tools and services available for free
CMS’s are customizable content websites that can be created and customized to match a company’s branding and content requirements. CMS websites range in price depending on the site content and features required.
Content Management System Audit
- A content management system is a software application or set of related programs that are used to create and manage digital content. CMSes are typically used for enterprise content management and web content management
Remember that your website is the centerpiece of your entire internet marketing strategy—and your CMS is the heart of your website. A CMS “is software that stores your website content, enables easy editing for novice web administrators, and allows multiple web administrators to log in to a single system and collaborate on updating your website.” A CMS works like this: your website design and development company does the complicated work of actually building your site into the CMS…then they hand you the keys, and you have the ability to add and update content as you please. The best CMS will include everything you need to implement an integrative online strategy. Most CMS will include tools for SEO, email marketing, social media marketing and blogging. All our websites are built on the WordPress platform. WordPress is an Open Source Content Management System (CMS) that is immensely popular worldwide because of its simplicity and ease of use. CMS is included in all websites we design. A CMS web design makes it very easy to manage and maintain your site in the long run.
Initial Baseline Assessment – Today’s Date: ________________
Current Website Address (Domain Name): __________________________________________
Total Number of Top Level and Dropdown Menus: ____________________________________
Your CMS (Content Management System): _________________________________________
Check all that apply to your business today – meaning, these exist or are valid today.
- You have a WordPress CMS – Content Management System (/wp-admin, /admin, /administrator)
- Your Content Management System is under the GPN (General Public Licenses) not privately owned by your web company
- You have logins to make basic changes (editor access) to your website