Your website, development site, backup sites and staging sites need a home, this is called a server and the process is referred to as “hosting”. Essentially, this set of servers is designed to host all of the files, databases, etc for your websites. It’s like a parking lot for your car that comes with a security guard. Technically your website needs more than a parking lot and security guard. It needs a full team of analysts and mechanics to constantly perform audits, tuneups and repairs. You will learn more about this in the Website Maintenance Plan section below.
Check all that apply to your business today – meaning, these exist or are valid today.
- You have a backup server with daily keep and hold backups (not replace)
- You have a dev or staging server for regular maintenance and refresh
- You have a live site server
- You have a CDN – Content Delivery Network
- Your website is Secure (https://) with an SSL Certificate
- Site search – all searches reroute to google’s preferred secure URL structure https://www.yoursite.com
- You have a 301 Redirect (request from Domain Registrar)
- Live site set to Index and Follow (/robots.txt file)