EVENT REGISTRATION: Click on the event website link to Register in advance for public events and webinars. QUESTIONS: Contact the Event Host for additional information. EVENT VENUES: Sometimes events are webinars, some are live public events and some are closed, but the recordings are posted after the events are completed. COSTS: Most events are free but the 2 day workshops have costs associated. Costs vary, contact host.
- This event has passed.
Googles “E-A-T” – Core Algorithm Update
March 7, 2019
- “Expertise” – You need to be an expert in your field. Expertise means you need to show the skill of the creator for the Main Content or (MC) and mention it in your content. Expertise is less critical for humor or gossip websites, but it’s vital for medical, financial, or legal websites. The good news is any site can show expertise if the content is truthful and useful for users.
- “Authoritativeness” – You need to show that you are an authority or the authoritativeness of the creator for the MC. And you can get this from the expertise of your writers or your self. If your page is a community or forum discussion, the quality of the conversation drives authority. Credentials are necessary, but so are personal experiences like reviews.
- “Trustworthiness” – You need to show users they can trust the creator or company of the Main Content, the MC itself and the website. Trustworthiness is especially important for eCommerce websites that ask users for their credit card information. Everything about your site should make users feel safe while they’re visiting. As a starting point, you should immediately implement an SSL certificate on your site as at least 70% of first page results are using SSL (It’s one of many of Googles scoring signals)
You need to eat to live. And so does your website content. A different kind of “eat,” but the idea is the same.
That’s right, and we’re talking about E-A-T. We first saw this acronym when Google’s Search Quality Guidelines got leaked in 2014. But with Google’s official release, we now know just how vital E-A-T is. This year, E-A-T is set to be a huge deal. Our SEO Services deal with getting your site to comply with Google’s E-A-T most essential factors.
Google states that E-A-T is among the top 3 considerations for Page Quality. So if you haven’t been paying attention to E-A-T content before, you should start doing so. Immediately.
- Leverage Authority Agency in your industry as Main Content Author
- Authority – Use Growth Plan Link Builder and Content Builder to improve Domain Authority
- Integrate Strong SEO, Local Listings, Reviews, Social Media and Blogging Strategy